Cummins Milling was established in 1930 during the depression, by Aubrey Heidenreich. With a heritage listing and a significant link to the past, the mill is one of only a few original flour mills operating in rural Australia.
The first mill burnt down in 1933, so the existing building was rebuilt in 1934. It was constructed with local freestone for the walls, and large timber uprights and beams.
Much of the timber was recovered from an old graphite mine near Port Lincoln in the Eyre Peninsula.